Dear Valued Client of Inner Light Counseling and Holistic Center
With the flu, coronavirus, and other illnesses going around, Inner Light Counseling has your health as our top priority. While we don’t believe there is a need for panic, we are all watching, with care and concern to prevent the spread of the coronavirus. We want to use this opportunity to remind our clients of precautions we should all be taking:
- First, we’re responding to the most updated reports from the CDC and from state and local government agencies.
- We are taking great care in cleaning all of our facilities, with particular attention to patient check-in, office furniture, bathroom facilities, door handles, seat arms, and all points of common contact.
- We are asking our staff to please stay home if they have a cough, cold or fever of any kind, or if they think that they may have been exposed to the virus.
- We are asking clients if you have a significant cough, cold and particularly fever and/or have recently traveled internationally or have been exposed to someone potentially infected with the Coronavirus, please stay at home and your therapist will use a secure App to allow you to still be seen for your counseling session. (if your insurance permits it)
- We are offering patients our Telehealth option, via “Signal- Private Messenger” App that you can easily download from the App Store onto your smartphone or tablet, which allows our patients to have an “office visit” from any location via a secure and encrypted platform with good Wi-Fl reception. Aetna, Cigna, and Medicare have told us that they will pay for Telehealth medicine. Horizon Blue Cross Blues Shield may allow for Telemedicine – depending on your individual plan. At this time, United Healthcare will not pay for Telehealth medicine for out of network providers, however, we periodically inquire to see if this will change at a future time.
- Clients, please download the “Signal – Private Messenger” App to your smartphone or tablet in order to continue counseling with your therapist on a weekly basis should you be unable to come into the office for some reason. (You can find this app on Google Play for Android phone and the App Store for iPhones).
- If your insurance does not cover Telehealth, you will have the option of being billed as a self-pay. Please, however, call the administrative office to obtain a self- pay rate BEFORE your counseling session.
We are reminding all patients and staff to follow these Centers for Disease Control tips:
- Wash your hands frequently and thoroughly and always before eating or drinking.
- Wash for at least 20 seconds with soap and water, or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer to kill germs, we also have learned that Dawn Dishwashing detergent can be used as a hand sanitizer as well. You will find a bottle in every bathroom.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, mouth, and face with unwashed hands.
- Cough or sneeze into your elbow or into a tissue. If you use a tissue, dispose of it in the trash immediately.
Inner Light Counseling and Holistic Center is dedicated to providing a safe space for you and your family to receive the finest counseling care and will continue to monitor this developing situation closely and comply with recommendations and instructions from our local and state health departments.
At this time, we are planning to keep the Center open to best serve our clients. This, however, could change as we plan on following the CDC rules of closing should someone have been exposed, and then we would clo6e for the 2 week period and provide Telehealth counseling to all clients.
These measures are meant to help protect all of us.
Marie Scodari, LCSW, Director and the Staff of Inner Light Counseling and Holistic Center