- Deep breathing – Take long slow breaths. Do this for about 5 minutes. Count to 5 breathing in, hold for 5 seconds and count to 5 breathing out. Deep breathing will help you relax and reduce your heart rate.
- Go for a walk -Exercising a few times a day will help you mentally and physically. Exercising releases hormones called endorphins. Endorphins relaxes the body and improves your mood.
- Change your mind set– Go to your happy place in your mind- A happy place is where you feel relaxed and brings a smile to your face. It could be the sitting on the beach or in the mountains or a park.
- Listen to soothing sounds– This could be sounds of the ocean or music that you enjoy.
- Professional Help– You can reach out for counseling. Counseling can be done virtually or in the office. These professionals can help you through your difficult situation which could be emotional or physical or both. Inner Light Counseling will be there to help you to get you back on track.
Please call Inner Light Counseling Center to schedule an appointment.
Phone # (908) 295-2007