Problems in a family can affect all areas of family members’ lives. Children are most susceptible to the stress the families are going through. Struggles in a family affect school and work performance, one’s mood, interactions with family members and friends.
Some issues that might bring you to family therapy might include:
- Conflict between family members
- Divorce or Marital Separation
- Sibling Rivalry
- Children’s behavior problems
- A loss or death in the family
- Alcohol or drug abuse or any addiction
- Issues with extended family members
- Financial difficulties
- Shared custody issues
Family Therapy can help by each member getting an opportunity to voice their concerns, thoughts and fears and to be heard by the other members of the family as well as the family therapist. The therapist can help teach you ways to communicate better, solve problems and find ways to work together.